Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Gold Jewelry by Danielle Gerke

Handmade Gold filled necklace with Frosted Lava, Apatite Tear Drop, Pearl, and Smoky Quartz




I've been making silver jewelry since I was about 12 years old. It's all I've really worked with, but recently I've been seeing some really beautiful gold jewelry. It caught my eye and piqued my interest, so I ordered some gold filled supplies-gold filled is a metal with gold throughout so it doesn't wear off like a plate- and started working on some gold jewelry.

The earrings to the left are Gold-Filled with Rock Quartz stones
I'm bringing my style and designs from silver over into gold. It's so exciting to see what stones look great in gold. It adds a whole new warmer look to my collection and I've been really happy with the results. I hope you like them too!
Above: Handmade Gold-Filled necklace with Rutilated Quartz, Natural Turquoise, and Carnelian.
Below: Brushed Vermeil (gold over sterling silver) Hoops.
Don't forget about the October Drawing! Mention the blog in Georgia Rae and be entered to win a $50. Gift Card!!!

1 comment:

Boston Jewelry said...

Really beautiful gold jewelry. It's so exciting to see what stones look great in gold. Great collection of your jewelry.